On August 29, 2020, the organizing committee sent a message to all participants that the event will take place online.
“The organization of the event The Economy of Francesco 2020 online will allow all young people who registered for the event to participate in a uniform way, sharing the experiences already lived, the work, proposals and reflections which have emerged over the past few months in the 12 villages. The Committee is working to ensure the realization of an innovative, participatory and global program, which preserves the unique elements of the Economy of Francesco (group workshops, plenary sessions involving keynote speakers, the places and spirituality of St. Francis, silence and meditation, artistic performances and displays, interviews) enriching the event with the opportunities and languages which the digital means offer”.
WHO IS TARGETED TO?
Young people up to 35 years old in the following categories:
- RESEARCH: Students and scholars in Economics and other related disciplines (master students, PhD students, young researchers). Basic requirement: bachelor’s degree.
- BUSINESS: entrepreneurs and managers.
- Other CHANGE-MAKERS: Promoters of activities at the service of the common good and of a just, sustainable and inclusive economy.
Among all the candidates, a selected group has been invited to participate in a pre-event with working sessions and insights in preparation for the main event – The Economy of Francesco.
Update – after the release of August 29, 2020: In fact, the planned pre-event is already taking place inside the villages. Now more than ever is important and precious the contribution of the selected people to the pre-event, for this reason we invite you to share their commitment in the projects and activities proposed inside the villages.
The deadline for submitting applications expired definitely on November 25.
Thanks to everyone! The response was truly overwhelming: thousands of young people from more than 120 countries worldwide!
Kindly follow the social media and the website in order not to miss updates and news!
In case of withdrawal please enter the Participants Area and read the POLICY and PROCEDURE.
- Modifications and/or additions to this Call for applications shall be notified on the official website.
- Limited available positions.
- All applications were carefully reviewed by the admission board.
- IMPORTANT: The event is confirmed for November 19-21, 2020, and will take place entirely ONLINE, as communicated to all participants on August 29, 2020.
- NOTE FOR THE PARTICIPATION FEE: The participation fee already paid will be refunded. Before proceeding with the request for refund as required by the policy, we ask you to wait a few days. In the coming weeks we will be able to communicate to all participants the fee allocated to the online event, procedures, any policy updates and other options in this new framework.
- For any request or clarification please write to: email@example.com
To register, you must have received a confirmation of acceptance of your application from the organizing committee (from the email firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have not received ANY answer to your application (always check your SPAM folder), please write to email@example.com.