Many women writers give us evidence of this. Testimonies, analyses, short stories, poems. Words that make people think, that are not afraid to denounce, to analyze and recount reality. Words that shape aspirations and ideals, that trace the horizons to be reached. Founding words of new societies, free and just.
But the road is not easy. Regimes fear art and literature because of their revolutionary power, because of their democratic structure, because of their constant search for truth that teaches not to remain silent. EoF, therefore, continues to do what the people to whom the event is dedicated have asked: make our voices heard, do not forget us. Today, every social and political issue is removed within days of its media explosion. Memory is therefore a rare commodity. That is why we need to be vigilant, as sentinels guarding a problem for which there is (perhaps) no immediate solution, but with respect to which we cannot turn away. Shomér ma mi-llailah? Sentinel how much of the day is left? Sentinel, how much is left of the night? How long do we have to wait until, in our countries-Iran, Afghanistan and in all the countries of the world, the rights of women, girls, and little girls are finally recognized? September 2022, Assisi.
How to join or to organize a reading marathon for March 8…
We invite you to:
– choose a place in your city that is open to the public (a square, a theater, a university, a school, …)
– involve citizens, associations, schools and especially other young people
– write as soon as possible to [email protected] indicating the city, address and time of your initiative: you will receive a statement to start the marathon and the draft poster you can use to spread your initiative. EoF will share it on official social channels.
– contact local media to report on the event
How does the marathon take place? Suggestions:
– opening the marathon by reading a shared statement (will be sent to you)
– depending on the length of your initiative, a number of male and female readers take turns reading one or more stories (in your language).
– record a 1-minute video and send it to [email protected] or tag us on social media.