How and when finance becomes inclusive and serves humanity and the common home?
By Finance and Humanity village
“To stop investing in people, in order to gain greater short-term financial gain, is bad business for society”(LS 128)
The Finance and Humanity village will address this ‘golden rule’ of Finance and Economics, in search for proposal and best practices. Trust is fundamental to investments that work. And trust is grounded in human connection. How and when finance becomes inclusive and serves humanity and the common home? “The early issues of the village were meaningful revised during the global covid-19 emergency”- as explained by the team coordinators. “The young participants are working on the following themes:
1) Opportunities and threats raised by the covid-19 outbreak in the light of financial players’ vocation to serve humanity.
2) Consequences on the real economy, in particular through the eyes of the excluded people.
3) The future of sustainable finance.
4) The role of regulation and financial authorities.
5) The need for and awareness of financial education.
6) Public Finance in a post covid-19 world”.
After the webinar on “Economics and Solidarity challenged by Covid-19” and another one on “The future of the debt crisis in developing countries”, the last webinar organized by the village was a very interesting conversation between Prof. Mariana Mazzucato and the people of the Finance and Humanity Village: Finance and Value Creation. Which Opportunities for a Post Covid-19 World?