The purpose of HIC SUM grants and startup funds is to support young people who can identify themselves into the Economy of Francesco’s vision, in collaborating to build or develop social enterprises in Africa, South America and Asia in relation to Religious Congregations of sisters missionaries as part of the HIC SUM project by Spazio Spadoni.
→ Call promoters
The application is promoted by Spazio Spadoni, a project created to encourage generative paths of mission and mercy. It is a space for thought and spirituality that becomes a concrete proposal combining the reality and spirit of mercy with the urgency of the mission.
It is a meeting place for experiences of volunteerism and social commitment in Italy and Religious Congregations of women missionaries in the South of the world, particularly in Africa, Asia and South America.
→ The application’s project frame
The application regards the possibility for young people who recognize themselves in the Economy of Francesco to make an active contribution to the HIC SUM projects develop already active in the world. HIC SUM, a Latin term that means “Here I am” is a missionary project that provides for the training of a sister within an Italian volunteer association for about 6 months. At the end of this period, the nun will promote in her own land a volunteer experience of at least one of the 14 Works of Mercy and will activate a small Social Enterprise (called Bread of Mercy) for the production of foodstuffs (e.g. bread, chocolate, rice, etc.) or products (e.g. soap, etc.) that can be sold in part to ensure the religious community’s self-support, and in part given free of charge to those who are in a state of indigence and vulnerability. Between the religious community of the nun and the voluntary association, a twinning and a relationship of reciprocity is generated, including the exchange of volunteers.
→ The 2 actions of the application
Two possible paths of participation are open:
- development of your own start-up and its networking among the actors of the HIC SUM projects
- support to an existing process and/or start-up of social enterprise always within the HIC SUM project.
The application can be for one of the two possibilities or for both.
→ Who is it aimed at?
- For the development of their startup and its networking we are looking for:
- Young women and young men less than or equal to 35 years old
- Young people living (or coming from and possibly willing to return) in the following countries: Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ivory Coast, Philippines, Ghana, India, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, or other countries to be evaluated.
- Young people are also willing to travel within their national territory if useful and strategic for the development of the project and its networking.
- Young people willing to collaborate with religious congregations.
- For support in an existing process, or in the start-up of a social enterprise we are looking for:
- Young people who are 35 years of age or younger
- Young people who live in (or are from and possibly willing to return to) the following countries: Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ivory Coast, Philippines, Ghana, India, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, or other countries to be evaluated
- Young people with some experience and skills in areas such as agriculture/food production/training/craftsmanship
- Young people willing to: Operate on a strong relationship with a specific experience (such as that of the HIC SUM project) and motivated to collaborate with other actors of the project itself.
- To develop the coaching for a time between 3 months and 5 years (in order to consider and guarantee possible continuity in the medium/long term of the projects started together)
- Also to travel within their own national territory if useful and strategic for the development of the Social Enterprise placed in the HIC SUM project.
- To collaborate with religious congregations.
→ What we ask for
To apply for this opportunity you are required to fill out the form for both paths (data, motivation, CV specifying whether you have a driving license, if you have a car, what is the current employment status …) and to participate in the event of Economy of Francesco in Assisi on September 22, 23 and 24, 2022.
For the path of the start-up development and its networking in addition to the above, we ask as well for a specific business plan.
Two letters of reference are requested for evaluation purposes.
The application deadline was March 31, 2022. We thank all those who have already sent their application. Anyway, we are still pleased to welcome the latest requests.
Applications will be evaluated by a technical-scientific committee composed by EoF coordination and Spazio Spadoni staff.
In addition to the requirements listed above, we will also evaluate the intrinsic personal motivation linked to the topics and principles of EoF, as well as the willingness to bring a tangible change in the local context where it operates, under commitment and responsibility.
→ Communication of results
The outcome of the evaluation and the consequent choice of successful proposals will be published on this site no later than April 30, 2022.
→ What the application offers to the selected proposals
– For start-ups, Spazio Spadoni contributes to the financing of the development (with economic terms of support related to the local market value) and of their networking among the actors of the HIC SUM projects.
– For those who will support and encourage the existing or start-up process of social enterprises within the HIC SUM project, Spazio Spadoni contributes with the economic coverage of a “HIC SUM” grant.
– For both paths, Spazio Spadoni provides coverage of costs for the participation at the event in Assisi on 22, 23 and 24 September 2022.
For more information, please write to: [email protected]spaziospadoni.org