The EoF Academy is an international young scholars network that was born to promote and conduct scientific research on themes related to the Economy of Francesco. The EoF Academy program aims to help young scholars that are committed or aspire to an academic career to attain and explore the required scientific background on topics relevant to the EoF community. The program is intended for PhD students, postdoctoral researchers, and promising master students in economics, social sciences, or related scientific fields. For this purpose, EoF Academy annually schedules an education activity plan and awards fellowship grants for these young scholars.
The mission of the EoF Academy is to promote scientific research in the main research areas of the EoF. Interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary research are particularly encouraged. In this direction, EoF Academy researchers enhance their skills by attending academic activities scheduled for them (crash courses, research seminars, summer schools, and other meetings). Thus, the researchers will be enabled to elaborate high-quality academic projects with societal implications thanks to these activities. To reach this goal, every researcher will be assisted by an EoF Academy Fellow to mentor them and follow the progress of their work. Furthermore, the EoF Academy cooperates with international universities and institutions to develop joint research and educational activities. The broad objectives of the proposed cooperation are to promote cultural, educational, and scholarly exchange through technical interchange with the parties involved as academic partners.
The EoF Academy is composed of the following:
- Academy Researchers Fellows: Ph.D. students/postdoctoral researchers/promising master students (with or without fellowship) selected through a standardized procedure: application stage, possible supervisor selection, shortlisting panel, interviews, and outcomes. The Academy researchers follow a one-year activity program (lectures, scientific papers, promoting initiatives) – renewable for one year.
- Academy Senior Fellows: researchers and professors under 40 years old. The Academy Fellows are involved in education and research activities. Their primary role is to guide EoF Academy researchers in their research path.
- Advisory Board: professors of international prestige close to EoF (e.g., Helen Alford, Gael Giraud, Kate Raworth, Jeffrey Sachs, Vandana Shiva, Stefano Zamagni, etc.). They will give special lectures and Crash Courses for the EoF Academy.
- EoF Academy Scientific Committee: coordination and organization of the EoF Academy activities. Coordinators: Luca Crivelli, Gherardo Girardi, Valentina Rotondi, Paolo Santori. Academic Secretariat: Valentina Erasmo
- Academic Partners: CIIESS at Ibero University (Mexico); IMDOSOC – Mexican Institute of Christian Social Thought (Mexico); LUMSA Università di Roma (Italy); Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Italy); Faculty of Social Sciences, Pontifical University of St Thomas Aquinas – PUST (Italy), St Mary’s University – Twickenham, London (UK).
EoF Academy Activities 2023
1. EoF Research Fellowship program. The annual EoF Research Fellowship program is open to young doctoral-level or master students in economics, social sciences, or related academic fields from all countries to help young economists who are committed to or are aspiring for an academic career to achieve the necessary scientific background in particular with regards to EoF-related topics of interest. Students attending the EoF Academy have the opportunity to intensify their knowledge in their fields of study and research and to get to know peer-leading researchers in an interdisciplinary co-generative environment. To achieve this goal, annual small research fellowships are granted. After the evaluation and selection process fostered by the Scientific Committee, the Researchers take on an annual online program of activities. The program consists of a mix of seminars, lectures, and workshops. In particular, the Research Seminars occur bi-monthly. The EoF researchers will present their work in progress and get feedback from peers and the EoF Academy Scientific Committee to which the supervision of the EoF researchers is also entrusted.
The deadline for application was March 31, 2023. Thanks to all those who sent us their applications!
2. EoF Academy Courses. EoF Academy offers intensive academic courses to catch up with the basic principles of the Economy of Francesco. Courses are designed to reinforce a few key concepts and are aimed to align the knowledge of all the enrolled students coming from different backgrounds. The main topics covered include behavioral and experimental economics; business ethics and philosophy of economics; economic, environmental, and social sustainability; feminist economics; Franciscan economic thought; management. Courses are open to the public. Attendance is mandatory for EoF Academy researchers. Participants receive a certificate of participation on completion of the courses.
The Franciscan Tradition in Economic Thought
📆 First lesson: Friday – May 26 h 4.00 – 6.00 pm CEST
For further information → click here ←
3. EoF School special lessons. For the EoF School 2023, the EoF Academy offers 4 special lectures, by eminent economists and social scientists, around the theme Capitals beyond capitalism. The lectures will be broadcasted online and will allow us to get to the bottom of the issue of capital in capitalism by re-reading its role and redefining its importance for the present and future of our economies and societies.
4. EoF International Summer School: The EoF Academy offers an annual Summer School with research and dialogue-oriented lectures from leading experts in economic fields. The EoF International Summer School 2023 will discuss the topic of Spiritual, social, and narrative capitals: going beyond capitalism.