Last updated: November 21st 2020
Economy of Francesco young participants from 19 countries (Portugal, United Kingdom, Brazil, Argentina, United States, Chile, Perù, Colombia, Mexico, Philippines, South Korea, India, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, Croatia, Nigeria, Cameroon, Spain, Italy) took us on an amazing journey through their territories, cultures, experiences, local projects and calls for action.
EoF Marathon: AROUND THE CLOCK, AROUND THE WORLD
On November 20th, from 6:00 PM (Assisi time), right after the shared programme on the second day of the Economy of Francesco event, an EoF Marathon: AROUND THE CLOCK, AROUND THE WORLD will go live on the EoF official youtube channel:
Economy of Francesco young participants from 20 countries (Portugal, United Kingdom, Brazil, Argentina, United States, Chile, Perù, Colombia, Mexico, Philippines, South Korea, India, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, Croatia, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Spain, Italy) will take us on an amazing journey through their territories, cultures, experiences, local projects and calls for action.
Let’s have a glance at the key focus of some of the thrilling marathon programmes being prepared for the event:
– Spain: How do we live EoF in Spain?
– Italy: Discover the Cammini di Prossimitá – How Italian youth are creating an Italian movement for a positive impact, place after place.
– Brazil: Giving a new soul to the Economy: a process of change already happening in our country
– Argentina: A new generation of action. Spaces of sharing the common work done by EoF participants towards creating environmental and social initiatives for prosperity, as well as moments of inspiration and traditional Argentinian music.
– Colombia: The Economy of Francesco in Colombia. Introducing experiences in the economic field that are being carried out in relation to The Economy of Francesco, through a geographical and cultural tour around the country.
– Mexico: Description of goods and culture, social and economic problems, local projects and a call for action
– Nigeria: Advancing the mission to restore Our Common House: Developing farmer-centred demo farms and co-creating solutions towards sustainable food systems and regenerative soils.
– India/Sri Lanka joint programme: A train journey through India and Sri lanka representing the Economy of Francesco journey of the participants through the last 6 months with the final stop in the audience house, inviting them to join us.
– Philippines: Reimagining A Better World. Commitments of global youth towards the Economy of Francesco
…And many more!
Be ready for another exciting experience on the third day of the EoF event: The Rio de Janeiro Archdiocese responsible for the Christ (the most important touristic attraction in Brazil and one of the new seven Wonders in the World) will celebrate the Economy of Francesco with a special illumination on November 21st, from 7 PM (Brazil local time). The Christ will light up as a symbol of support for the Economy of Francesco.
In addition, the National Sanctuary of Our Lady in Aparecida will support the EoF with an special illumination as well. The Sanctuary will be especially light up during the three days of the EoF event. (Read here an article dedicated to it)
Check the official EoF website for further information and updates concerning the event: https://francescoeconomy.org/